Mosquito Misting Systems to Eradicate Bites
Efficient Mosquito Control from Platinum Mosquito Protection
Mosquitos. They seem to be everywhere in South Florida. They bite your guests during backyard BBQs and pounce on every opportunity to feed on the blood supply around your property. Nobody likes mosquitos. But some of us are more allergic than others. For those who have more severe reactions to mosquito bites, a mosquito misting system from Platinum Mosquito Protection is a worthwhile investment. Misting systems efficiently deliver human-safe pesticides through a network of hoses and spray nozzles. We set them up wherever you need them, such as on your fence or encircling your patio or pool. Some misting systems operate through a timing mechanism, while others require owners to start and stop the mist manually. We can help you decide which option is best for your home and family. If you or a member of your family suffers from mosquito-related allergies, don’t hesitate to contact us today. We’ll schedule an appointment to walk you through our products.
Mosquito-Borne Illnesses and Mosquito Control Methods
Most South Floridians experience mild symptoms of mosquito bites. For instance, itchiness is the most commonly-reported byproduct of a bite. The same goes for the tell-tale red bump. But did you know these symptoms don’t result from the bite itself? Both these symptoms happen as your body’s immune system reacts to the proteins secreted by the mosquito’s saliva – also called Skeeter syndrome. In many cases, mosquito bites subside within 24 hours, so long as you don’t scratch the area. However, there’s a reason for mosquitos’ centuries-old reputation for causing harm: Mosquito-borne illnesses can be severe. The World Health Organization estimates that roughly 50 percent of the world’s population is at risk for mosquito-borne diseases. While the vast majority of bites go away, investing in high-efficiency mosquito control can help avoid the devasting effects of any of the following conditions and viruses:
- West Nile Virus: Mosquitos are a primary carrier of this virus. In fact, West Nile virus is the leading cause of mosquito-borne illnesses in the United States – including South Florida. We don’t want to frighten you – most people who contract the disease never develop symptoms. In rare cases, individuals experience back pain, nausea and vomiting, and persistent body aches.
- Malaria: Mosquito bites sometimes infect the victim with malaria, though cases in Florida are rare. However, those who are targets for bites more than others can prevent infections and serious side effects by infesting in Platinum Mosquito Protection’s line of anti-mosquito products.
- Zika Virus: Zika is the most recent addition to the list of illnesses mosquitos carry and transmit to individuals in South Florida. The symptoms of Zika virus vary, including rashes, itching, fever, headaches, and joint pain.
- Dengue Fever: While occurrences of dengue fever are rare, mosquitos are known carriers for the condition, so South Floridians should be aware of the symptoms. They include pain behind the eyes, muscle, bone, and joint pain, and in rare cases, bleeding gums.
Mosquito Bite Symptoms for Allergic Individuals
It’s important to note that the above conditions are rare. However, that doesn’t mean every mosquito bite is as mild as an annoyingly-itchy red bump. Much like bee stings, some individuals are allergic to bites. Their symptoms will be much more significant than others. For instance, sensitive individuals might experience swelling, fluid-filled blisters, welts, infections around the bite area, in addition to the typical red bump and itchiness. While these symptoms are more severe than mild bites, they don’t necessarily mean you’ve contracted a rare condition. In most cases, these symptoms wear off. Please see a doctor if they don’t. Some of the symptoms of allergic reactions might also include hives or blistering lesions. In some cases, individuals might experience more life-threatening or respiratory symptoms, such as throat swelling, faintness, or wheezing.
Protecting Properties in a Mosquito’s Paradise
North and Central Florida are both sub-tropical climates, which means they experience a peak mosquito season and then a leveling off. Unfortunately, our clients aren’t so lucky. As a tropical climate, South Florida is a biting insect’s paradise, providing year-round opportunities for nourishment. So, our customers have to be proactive and creative in addressing the problem. While we can’t eliminate mosquitos from the environment, we can keep them from encroaching on your backyard paradise. With Platinum Mosquito Protection’s line of mosquito repellent services, we can protect you from mild and severe reactions to mosquitos and inject peace of mind into your outdoor adventures. Both residential and commercial customers appreciate our mosquito control products and services:
- Residential Misting Systems: Our custom-designed misting systems are incredibly efficient because they take the unique contours of your property into account. For instance, we identify hotspots where mosquitos are likely to congregate and attack and isolate them. These misting systems can be placed anywhere. The mist itself is composed of natural pyrethrum and synthetic permethrin. We install the systems under eaves and overhangs, within trees and in gardens. We also attach them to fences, and anywhere else mosquitos tend to breed.
- Commercial Misting Systems: Many South Floridian companies rely on their outdoor areas to do business. Bars, restaurants, golf courses, and other locations require mosquito-free areas, or their customers will go somewhere else. We install the same residential misting systems on commercial properties, regardless of their size. Your customers and employees will appreciate the effort.
- Misting System Maintenance: We won’t install your new mosquito-repelling misting system and leave you in the lurch. We continue our partnership with our clients by offering comprehensive misting system repairs to all who are having issues. We can refill the misting tanks and repair broken lines. Most importantly, we can reevaluate the placement if you’re still experiencing mosquito bites. Our maintenance services are invaluable because the tanks will need to be refilled routinely.
How Much Does a Misting System Cost?
Unfortunately, we can’t provide a precise quote here. However, Platinum Mosquito Protection offers free estimates, which we provide following a detailed inspection of your property. One of the things we look for is points of entry for the mosquitos, which helps us determine how much misting equipment you’ll require to stay mosquito-free. Once we’ve finished the on-site evaluation, we provide our free estimate. If you decide to proceed, we’ll schedule an installation date promptly!
Comprehensive Services in an Expansive Service Area
So why choose Platinum Mosquito Protection for your anti-mosquito technology? Because our approach is more targeted and efficient than others in the area! While our competitors use different techniques, we’ve researched and found the best methods for maximizing our impact on the mosquito population. By harnessing state-of-the-art technology, we provide an invaluable service to our clients. Over the past 15 years, we’ve honed our processes and learned new skills, enabling us to help more customers throughout our expansive service area. South Florida is a vast place, and we want to make sure as many customers experience what we have to offer as possible. We can install misting systems in:
- Boca Raton
- Broward County
- Coral Gables
- Florida Keys
- Fort Lauderdale
- Miami Beach
- Monroe County
- Palm Beach
- Palm Beach County
- And more
Contact Platinum Mosquito Protection for a Free Estimate
At Platinum Mosquito Protection, we work hard to create bug-free zones for all of our customers. Our state has a high concentration of pesky mosquitos and other biting insects, any of which can cause minor health irritations or more serious conditions. Most of our customers exhaust their options with ineffective techniques such as candles, lotions, sprays, zappers, or magnets. We believe we’ve found the perfect solution to our customers’ mosquito woes. Not only is a professionally-installed misting system an excellent financial bet for residential and commercial clients, but it’s also a sound health investment. Given the potential health risks of mosquito bites and the impact they have on our skin and comfort, it’s critical to find practical solutions. Past customers have raved about our commitment to their happiness, as well as our ability to install the systems quickly they’ve come to rely on year-round. It’s more than possible to enjoy afternoon swims without hassling mosquito bites or relaxing evenings by the firepit. All you need to do is contact us today.