Mosquito Control: Spraying vs. Misting Systems for Florida Homeowners
Learn More about These Popular Mosquito Control Techniques
Mosquitos can quickly ruin any outdoor gathering or keep you from enjoying your backyard. Unfortunately, the warm and humid conditions in Florida make it the perfect home for these pesky pests. If you find yourself avoiding your backyard or notice that you’re covered in bites just from a few hours outside, it’s time to consider mosquito control options for your home or business. The most popular mosquito control techniques are seasonal spraying or misting system installation. But how do you know which option to choose? Platinum Mosquito Protection is here to help you make a decision by providing more information on spraying and mosquito control misting systems in the Florida area. Continue reading to learn more or reach out to us for additional information.
What Is a Mosquito Misting System?
Mosquito misting systems have become incredibly popular in recent years due to their superior effectiveness and convenience. These systems consist of spray nozzles which are mounted on outdoor structures, like fences and sheds. The nozzles are installed in high traffic areas or where people tend to spend most of their time outdoors. For example, they may be mounted near patios, doorways, playgrounds, firepits, and more. All the nozzles are connected by tubing that runs between each nozzle and is connected to a main tank that holds insecticide. The system works to kill mosquitos every day, spraying the area every few hours, which provides a much more consistent solution than mosquito spray treatments. A technician will calibrate the misting system to pump and spray the insecticide at determined intervals, and the frequency can be adjusted to meet the unique needs of property owners. The mist will effectively kill any mosquitos currently present and deter others from coming to the area.
What Is Mosquito Spraying?
Mosquito spraying is a service completed by a professional as a way to treat the property and control mosquito populations. The service is completed by a trained technician who sprays insecticide in all outdoor locations where mosquitos are a problem, usually focusing on foliage around the property as that is where mosquitos like to hide and rest. When mosquitos rest on the treated surfaces, they come into direct contact with the insecticide, which kills them on site. In most cases, the insecticide used during the treatment process will control mosquitos for three to four weeks. However, this isn’t guaranteed as rain and other factors can wash away the insecticide, leaving your property vulnerable again.
Spraying vs. Misting: Which Is the Better Choice?
As a home or business owner, you may be struggling to find the right mosquito control solution for your property. It can be difficult to know which option to choose, but the team at Platinum Mosquito Protection is here to make the process easier. We believe our mosquito control misting systems are the best way to limit mosquitos at Florida properties. A misting system works every day to control mosquitos, misting the property every few hours to kill them. Mosquito spraying, on the other hand, is only done every few weeks, leaving your home completely untreated between spraying appointments. Not to mention, the insecticide used in spraying services simply sits on surfaces, which means it can easily be washed away by rain long before your next spray treatment. Our misting systems provide a better solution because they spray directly into the air at determined intervals to continuously control mosquitos. This makes our systems perfect for restaurant patios, backyard decks, and any other outdoor areas.
Benefits of Misting Systems
We believe our misting systems are the best way to combat mosquito populations. They provide a regular mosquito repellent solution for Florida home and business owners, effectively helping to kill mosquitos and protect the health of your family, visitors, and the general public. These systems offer a number of benefits, creating a better backyard environment for your family or a better outdoor experience for your customers. If you have any questions about how our mosquito control misting systems can improve your outdoor spaces, please reach out to our team for more information. We’ll tell you more about the primary benefits of misting systems, including:
- More Frequent Treatment: Because misting systems are set up to spray the area every few hours, your outdoor areas get more frequent treatment. Rather than a one-time spray to control mosquitos, a misting system is programmed to continuously spray the area as needed. This means better control of the mosquito numbers and less visits by a pest control team.
- Set and Forget: Because misting systems are set up to automatically spray on a timed schedule, you can essentially set and forget these systems. You’ll no longer have to remember to schedule frequent treatments by a professional, as the system will work on its own. The only time your misting system will require attention is when it needs to be refilled with insecticide. However, our team will stay on top of your maintenance schedule and ensure your system is always working to keep your family protected.
- No Need for Repellent: Home and business owners in Florida are often forced to spend money on other means of mosquito control, like personal repellents, citronella candles, and more. With our automatic spray systems, you will no longer have to waste your dollars on these items. Once your new spray system is installed, it will take care of all your mosquito control needs.
Why Invest in Mosquito Control?
A mosquito infestation can cause many problems on your property, whether you own a home or a business. If you have a mosquito problem, you likely know firsthand how annoying these insects can be. They feed on human blood, often biting individuals undetected and leaving behind an itchy, annoying bite. For this reason, and many others, it’s important to invest in mosquito control at your property. Doing so can help prevent many problems and improve your outdoor areas. We encourage you to consider investing in mosquito control techniques for the following reasons:
- Lower Health Risks: Because mosquitos feed on human blood, they are able to penetrate the skin and gain access to our blood stream. When doing so, they can pass on a variety of diseases they may be carrying, infecting humans and pets and putting us all at risk. Mosquitos are known carriers of heartworm, the West Nile, Chikungunya, and Zika viruses. Controlling mosquito populations will help minimize public health risks.
- Increased Comfort: Mosquitos are a nuisance. They cause painful, itchy bites that no one wants to experience. Controlling the mosquitos on your property will create a more comfortable environment. This can be especially important for businesses with outdoor seating areas as a mosquito-infested patio can drive away customers.
- People & Pet-Friendly: Whenever you’re concerned about mosquitos, you may find yourself turning to personal repellents to protect yourself from bites. If you’re outside often, you may be spraying yourself with these repellents multiple times a week, and you may even be using it to protect your pets. However, bug spray can contain many harmful ingredients, which put your health at risk. Mosquito control solutions direct the harmful sprays on the mosquitos, not on you, making these options more people and pet-friendly.
We Offer Many Types of Misting Systems
At Platinum Mosquito Protection, we offer a range of mosquito control solutions designed to provide effective treatment for a variety of outdoor locations. We work with homeowners, custom home builders, commercial property owners, and equine facility managers to help them control mosquito populations on their property. In addition to repelling mosquitos, our residential and commercial misting systems can also help control other common insect pests, like flies, fleas, and other buzzing and biting insects. This helps you create a healthy, more comfortable environment for your family, guests, and four-legged companions. We are fully licensed and insured to install all of the following types of misting systems:
- Home Misting Systems: Reclaim your backyard by installing one of our residential misting systems at your home. Mosquitos and other insect pests can quickly ruin your day outdoors, pushing you back inside because of the nuisance they cause. Our home misting system can help you control mosquitos and other buzzing insects, so you can enjoy your backyard in peace.
- Commercial Misting Systems: Because the weather is warm most of the year in Florida, many businesses rely on outdoor activities to draw in customers and create revenue. However, customers may begin going elsewhere if mosquitos become a problem on your property. Our commercial misting systems are perfect for restaurants, country clubs, resorts, parks, swimming pools, and more.
- Equine Misting Systems: Barns can often create the perfect breeding ground for mosquitos and flies, creating an open invitation for these pests to bother your animals. Our equine misting systems can help eliminate mosquitos and other pests from your stables and kennels without harming your pets or livestock.
Professional Installation & Maintenance of Misting Systems
If you’ve been searching for a way to control pesky mosquitos on your property, now is the time to call Platinum Mosquito Protection. We can provide professional installation of a new misting system on your property. We’ll assess the layout of your property and develop a system that will effectively control mosquitos and other insects. In addition, we also provide maintenance to your misting system as needed. We can regularly refill the tank with effective insecticides and check all nozzles to ensure they’re performing correctly. Please contact our team today to learn more about our misting systems and how they can help you improve your property.