Mosquito Control for South Florida Residents
Platinum Mosquito Protection’s Innovative Misting Systems
As anyone who lives in South Florida can attest, mosquitos are a fact of life. Because our climate is so wet and warm, there are precious few times when the pests aren’t out in force. But mosquito season does wane a bit in our region. Unfortunately, the temperatures rise before long, and the mosquitos return in full force. That’s why it’s so important to be proactive. Platinum Mosquito Protection offers high-quality mosquito control services to South Florida private and commercial property owners. Our products use innovative technology to keep mosquitos at bay and prevent them from entering a strategically-placed perimeter. We’ve helped clients in Miami-Dade, Broward, Monroe, and Palm Beach counties create calming and bite-free zones on their properties. Call us today to schedule a free estimate.
Understanding Mosquito Breeding Patterns
We believe our customers should understand everything they can about mosquitos. Doing so can help them combat the pests and limit their exposure to dengue fever, yellow fever, malaria, and the Zika virus, all of which mosquitos can carry. The average mosquito life cycle is crucial to understanding how to defeat them once and for all. Mosquitos don’t live for long – especially the males. For instance, male mosquitos do not bite humans. Instead, they gather nectar from flowers and live long enough to breed before dying. Female mosquitos, on the other hand, bite to extract blood. They use it to lay eggs. Female mosquitos are much more resilient. All told, the average lifespan of a mosquito is around seven days. Throughout the week, they engage in a near-constant cycle of biting, laying eggs, dying, and rebirth. The prime breeding season for mosquito season tends to be in the Spring, followed by a hungry biting period in the summer.
Do Mosquitos Hibernate in South Florida?
Yes, South Floridian mosquitos hibernate – but not for long. Some species, such as Aedes aegypti, die in sub-60-degree temperatures. Others will retreat to hibernation spots to lay eggs. Once they do so, the female mosquitos die. The eggs are more than capable of surviving through the wintertime weather. Residents throughout South Florida experience fewer mosquito bites during December, January, and February, before witnessing a ramp-up in activity.
When is the Best Time to Address Mosquitos?
You can contact Platinum Mosquito Protection for mosquito control at any time during the year. But winter is an excellent time to get cracking on the solution. Misting systems create a barrier against mosquitos and establishing a protective ring. If you purchase or install a misting system on your property before the mosquitos return in force, you’ll be more than prepared.
Why Should I Invest in Home Misting Systems?
Mosquitos have carried and transmitted illness and disease as long as they’ve existed. Disease control is the best reason to invest in our misting systems for your residential or commercial property. They will help keep disease-borne pests from potentially spreading a host of diseases, including:
- West Nile Virus: West Nile virus is the leading mosquito-borne illness in South Florida – as well as the United States as a whole. While most people who contract West Nile disease don’t develop symptoms, some fall ill and require medical treatment and chronic issues.
- Malaria: Malaria isn’t common, but mosquitos do carry it when they bite an infected person. Malaria isn’t a disease to swat away – it can have devastating symptoms and even cause death.
- Zika Virus: The Zika virus is a newcomer to the United States, but it can cause severe complications to pregnancies and sicken healthy adults.
- Dengue Fever: Most mosquito species in South Florida can transmit dengue fever from person to person. Symptoms of dengue fever include pain behind the eyes, muscle and joint pain, and in some cases, bleeding gums.
Mosquito Misting Systems for Homes and Businesses
Fortunately for our customers in Miami, Palm Beach, and the rest of South Florida, we offer sensible solutions to mosquitos. Our science-based products are proven effective at eliminating mosquitos within a perimeter. We use nozzles and sprays with a mist to keep mosquitos away from your property. Just because you live in a tropical climate ripe with mosquitos doesn’t mean you have to deal with them on your deck or commercial patio. Mosquitos can be beaten. To do so, we use:
- Home Misting Systems: Home misting systems are an excellent way to ensure your home is both safe and comfortable. We use two substances to create our mists: pyrethrum and permethrin. Pyrethrum is derived from a chrysanthemum flower. Permethrin is a synthetic compound that mimics Pyrethrum. Our home misting systems are friendly for humans and pets, but incredibly useful in swatting away mosquitos. And for homeowners hesitant to alter their landscaping and exterior décor, don’t worry. Our technicians are skilled at hiding the misters.
- Commercial Misting Systems: Whether you own a bar, restaurant, or golf course, protecting your customers and employees is crucial. We can install our misting systems anywhere. Our flexibility means a variety of commercial clients can use our misting systems. We understand how vital your patrons’ comfort is. So, we can install the misting systems far from where your customers sit and relax, but close enough to establish an effective barrier against the pests. Don’t hesitate to reach out to Platinum Mosquito Protection today. We can help create a more comfortable dining and shopping atmosphere.
- Equine Misting Systems: If you own horses, then mosquitos are a concern. Your horses’ stables are a breeding ground for mosquitos, and horses are vulnerable to their bites. Installing a series of misting systems in your stables is an excellent way to ensure the health of your horses. If you spend a lot of time with your hoses, then a set of equine misting systems will guarantee a mosquito-free experience every time you tend to your horses. Our natural and synthetic mixes won’t harm the horses.
- Misting System Installation: If you decide to proceed following our free estimate, then we can begin the installation process. The first step is scheduling an appointment for our experts to visit your property and install the misting systems. We’re careful to follow the terms of the estimate, ensuring you get what you bargained for. We work quickly, too. Our goal is to install efficient mosquito control systems without disrupting our customers’ lives.
- Misting System Repairs and Maintenance: While we’re proud of the durability and effectiveness of our misting systems, they will require some maintenance. The most common is refilling the misting system reservoirs. We handle that by estimating how frequently you’ll need a refill, that way you don’t have to call us. We also handle repairs quickly to ensure there’s no interruption in service.
Contact Platinum Mosquito Protection for an Estimate
Don’t wait until Spring kicks off in earnest, and the mosquitos arrive in full force. We can install a misting system in your home or commercial property. Our free estimates provide you with a no-obligation way to assess whether our products are right for you. We’ll survey your property and address the best spots to place the misting systems. We also educate you about mosquitos, including where they’re most likely to congregate, where breeding spots might lie, and how to prevent them. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.